- Eat what you order, wasting food is considered disrespectful.
- Although chopsticks are generally used, you're permitted to use your fingers to eat sushi (except Sashimi).
- Eat nigiri style sushi in one bite.
- Slurping noodles is okay.
- Don't combine ginger and sushi. Use ginger between rolls or bites to cleanse the palate.
- Only the fish should be dipped in soy sauce.
- Don't shake shoyu off sushi.
- Don't rub your chopsticks together.
What you didn't know
American pop star Megan Trainor visited Sushi Marvel back in 2017 with her fiancé Daryl Sabara (best known for playing Juni in Spy Kids). Safe to say they loved it!
Contrary to popular belief, sushi does not mean raw fish. Sushi means seasoned rice.
- Japanese people generally drink Miso soup at the end of the meal to help digestion.
- The knives used by sushi chefs are sharpened practically every day.
- Don't leave your chopsticks sticking out of your bowl, this symbolises food offering for the dead! Therefore, it's also considered as rude!